As of now – we have to answer and post this questionnaire.
Here is the questionnaire for SP14. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you’ll want to have it posted to your blog no later than July 10th, but sooner would be better as it can be helpful to us in selecting your pals.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love so many yarns. This is too hard! As for what I don’t like, I am not into yarn that is crazy furry or eyelash yarns. This week I’ve really been enjoying Frog Tree Alpaca. I love earthy colors.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two pencil cases for small hooks and needles and a large plastic needle case for my longer needles. I keep my circulars loosely in a bag with other notions
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been crocheting for 10 years and knitting for 1. I’d consider myself an advanced crocheter, and a good beginning knitter. I could probably do more than I give myself credit for, but I loose patience with following knitting patterns pretty quickly. I love to create as I go.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No – I should look into that.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I love orange and lavender candles. When I wear perfume I wear earthy herbal sents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Black liquorice, and ginger. I guess I like candy with bite.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don’t spin, but I’d love to learn how. I needle felt, and have started some wet felting. I’m interested in crafts of all kinds, especially crafting that can be done on the road.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have a Mac and I use Itunes. I love folky music with lyrics that really mean something. I like lyrics that make you think. David Wilcox is my all time favorite songwriter.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I’ve been in a purpley blueish mood lately. I also love brown. I guess I tend to stay away from really bright colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets. I’ve recently developed a cat allergy, which makes me sad. I love all animals. I am recently engaged and (when I’m not on the road doing a musical) I live in a 400 sq foot studio in NYC with my fiancé.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Patterns that don’t include seams or sewing : ) I also love patterns that combine knitting and crocheting
13. What are you knitting right now?
I started my first Raglan sweater recently… with lace weight yarn, so it’s taking forever. I’m also crocheting a hooded scarf (a skoodie) for a friend.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
My favorite are Lantern moon wooden needles. I love circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No : ( I’ve almost bought one several times, but I always give in to the power of my own self winding.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oooooo good question. I’m sure I have some in my storage unit that are super old, but us of now this darn raglan sweater has me stumped. I think I made a mistake and I can’t find the pattern. Ugh… I started it several months ago.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I think New Years Eve might be my favorite holiday. I was raised Catholic, so I celebrate Christmas, but I’ve been to a few Sedars (which are clearly not celebrated during the winter) and I really would love to continue celebrating during Passover. Such a fantastic tradition.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage purses/hats clothses/earings/buttons/records/dishes I am also addicted to Anthropologie and I’m very grateful they have a sale section.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Being an actor who lives on the road makes it hard to commit to a subscription. I do like to pic up mags here and there. I have to be careful with books… they are so heavy, but I love them.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I’m going to the Knit and Crochet Show in Buffalo this year. I am taking 4 classes. I’ve never taken a formal class, so I’m freaked and excited.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a 8 ½ shoe. I’ve never made socks. I tend to work with thicker yarn. I do have a pair a friend made me… I love them!
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Yep – MollyMade